This month we’ve talked about FEAR and how it can keep you stuck in your tracks, unable to move forward, and unfulfilled with your life. This week I want to help you change your perspective of FEAR and use it to your advantage.
The way I see it, fear has both a positive and a negative side. Fear can indeed keep you stuck but it can also propel you forward to reach your goals and dreams like you never thought possible. Of course for this to happen it requires a mindset shift.
We know that every human being on the planet is afraid of something. If they’re not, they may not be human. Our fears tend to evolve and change over time. A young child might be afraid of the dark. A middle-aged man is afraid of embarrassing himself during a speech. A newborn is afraid of loud noises. All other fears are learned.
What have you learned you are afraid of?
Turn the tables and use fear to your advantage. Here are a few ways you can make fear your helpmate.
1. Determine why you’re afraid. If you’re afraid of falling off a cliff and dying, your fear might be warranted, and further evaluation is required. If it’s just your ego talking, you know that fear isn’t in your best interest. That’s the fear that keeps you in your current situation.2. Reframe the situation. The fact that you’re physically uncomfortable doesn’t have to control your thoughts or actions. When you’re feeling anxious, take that as a sign that something great might be getting ready to happen. Step outside your comfort zone and take advantage of the opportunity.
- Use your fear to your advantage. It’s a good thing, not something to be avoided. Embrace it.
3. Use fear to propel you forward. The most successful people have been those that faced fear successfully. Conquering one fear makes you more capable. The next fear will be even easier. Defeating a small fear makes the more significant fears more manageable. The confidence you gain can be applied to all areas of your life.
4. Recognize that fear is self-induced. It’s only your perception of the event that creates your fear. And fear is just a feeling. It may include physical symptoms, but it’s a feeling nevertheless.
- If your life isn’t in danger, your fear is just a guess. When you can realize this fact, you’ll also realize that all of your other feelings follow the same rules. If you can make yourself feel bad, you can make yourself feel good, too.
While these are good tips to help you use fear to your advantage, perhaps you need help getting over deep-seated fears. There’s probably a good reason why they’re deep-seated. Use your fear as motivation to get help. Getting help for your fear could help you move forward with a myriad of new benefits.
Fear isn’t something to be avoided. Use fear to your advantage. Fear is a wonderful opportunity to learn about yourself. Fear can also be used as a chance to grow on a personal level. If you’re not afraid, you’re not living,
Give these tips a try and let me know how well they work for you. You can leave me a comment below; I would love to hear from you.
Shift Your Mindset Change Your Life!
If you need help shifting your perspective of fear download my special AwakenNOW Audio Training, that’s sure to help you.