If you’ve followed me for any length of time you know that I am passionate about helping women master a positive shift in mindset to help them manifest the life they desire. It really doesn’t matter what you’re trying to accomplish in life, you must learn how to change the self-talk that plays in your head.
How you think about yourself makes a big difference in how you feel. You can avoid feeling down or upset if you know what to say to yourself and how to say it. Even during difficult times, you can find moments of joy and blessings to talk to yourself about.
Believing in yourself is a strong component of moving forward into the success you really want and deserve. Positive self-talk can bring you this belief and instill within you the confidence to succeed.
Discover the Beauty in Your Life
When you face serious challenges in your life, being unhappy and speaking negatively to yourself won’t change anything for the better. Instead, seek out joy in positive affirmations of your continued worth.
The problems you may be facing have absolutely nothing to do with your value as a human being. Remind yourself of your great value!
Positive self-talk is not about being unrealistic or lying to yourself. It’s about seeing the beauty and value in yourself and others. Each one of us has something we can give and we each have a purpose and a reason to be here.
Using Positive Self-Talk Each Day
How do you take advantage of positive self-talk? When it comes to talking to yourself, there are no specific rules. You can focus on anything about you or your surroundings that’s positive.
Avoid letting negative or upsetting thoughts creep in. Things might not be going your way at any particular moment, but there are better days ahead, and the fact that you’re alive is something to be positive about!
Here are some tips to help you get started using positive self-talk to bring about a fun, exciting, joyful, and fulfilling life:
- Remember something others like about you. Recall a positive comment someone made about you in the past. Even if you don’t see the reason for the compliment, someone else obviously did. Use that to your advantage to remind yourself of your great qualities and talents.
- What do you like about yourself? Start small, if you prefer. You don’t have to think or feel (or say) that you’re perfect, but pick one thing that you like about yourself, or that you can accept about yourself, and be pleased with that.
- Speak out loud. Sure, you might feel a little silly at first. You don’t have to do it when anyone else is around, but say your affirmations aloud whenever you can. That way you hear the good things about you, too.
- Set aside time to practice your positive self-talk. If you don’t put it into your schedule, it’s easy to forget about it or decide that you’ll get to it later. Make it a priority, so it becomes a part of your daily routine.
- Become aware of your thoughts. I challenge you to write down all the negative thoughts you have about yourself for 1 full day. When you realize how ridiculous some of your thoughts are it’s easy to release them and replace them with the truth.
The Benefits of Positive Self-Talk
The benefits you’ll get from positive self-talk will depend on your commitment to it. If you practice it each day, it’ll become second nature to you. When others say negative things, it’ll be less likely to take root in your mind, since you’ll already be filled with positive information about your worth.
Regardless of where you are in your business or what stage of life you’re in, there’s always room for more happiness. Even in the face of despair, there are opportunities for great joy and growth. Avoid missing out on those opportunities because you don’t see your worth as a person. Instead, you can expect the best because of your positive self-talk.
Positive self-talk can help you rise higher in your career, family life, spiritual life, business and any other area that matters to you. Friends and family members will notice your new-found confidence, and so will your co-workers, boss, and others. You just may find that positive self-talk leads you to some amazing new opportunities!
Until next time!