Most people aren’t morning people, are you? Learning to be a morning person can be challenging but it can be done. Setting the tone for your day starts with a morning routine that helps you command your day.
Mornings can be a tough part of the day. But mornings are important. A good morning is the most important step to ensuring that you have a good day. If you stumble out of bed, shower, get dressed, and rush out the door with a cup of coffee, you’re not setting the stage for a productive day. You can’t be rushed and be at your best.
Here are a few tips to help you get your day off to a good start:
- Make a to-do list the night before. You can’t get your morning off to the best start if you don’t know what you have planned for the day. Do you need to wear a tie or skirt instead of your normal wardrobe choices? If you know what’s on tap, you can get your mind in the right place. Know how you’re going to spend your day.
- Drink a large glass of water. After a night of sleep, you’re dehydrated. So when you wake up, your body craves water. Consider avoiding caffeine. It’s hard on your body. If you’re too tired in the mornings, try going to bed earlier.
- Take a walk. Put on your running shoes and head outdoors. The treadmill is another option. Feel free to run if the urge strikes you. A morning walk is a great way to wake up and clear your mind. You’ll feel great and get a jump on your day.
- Any form of exercise is acceptable, provided you feel better at the conclusion than you did at the beginning. Now isn’t the time to wear yourself out. You should feel invigorated at the end. Find the best form of exercise for you.
- Have a good breakfast. A good breakfast should make you feel good and provide the nutrition you require until lunchtime. You already know which foods are healthy and which aren’t. Make a few wise choices and note how you feel during the morning.
- Continue experimenting with different combinations until you find one that works best for you.
- Recite affirmations. You can say affirmations while in the shower, exercising, or driving to work. Find a time that works for you and be consistent. Use affirmations that address the challenging areas of your life. The things we say to ourselves repeatedly become the truth.
- Get up earlier than necessary. If you start your morning behind schedule, you’re not able to take control of your morning. It’s much more enjoyable to spend your morning without the pressure of being on time. Go to bed earlier and get the sleep you require.
- Be prepared to deal with your most important task first. This should be easy, since you made a to-do list the night before. Know your most important task and be prepared to face it head-on. Our resources are at full capacity earlier in the day. We start to run out of gas by the afternoon. Put your resources where they can do the most good. Have a plan and get busy.
Life can be hectic. You’re not helping the situation by crawling out of bed at the last possible moment and eating a donut on the way to work. A good morning increases the odds of having a good day. Give yourself the time in the morning to gather your thoughts and prepare properly for the day ahead. You’ll be surprised how much you can accomplish before work.
Shift Your Mindset Change Your Life!
Get Your FREE copy of “Break Free of Negative Emotions” eBook and companion Workbook.
Painful situations are a part of life, but your perception of these situations makes all the difference. If you’re holding onto painful memories and feelings, these are very likely keeping you from leading a happy life.
Negative emotions such as fear and heartache can affect your body and mind, leading to dysfunctional relationships, depression, stress, and disease. So it’s important to not only be aware of your emotions, but also what you can do to release them.
This book will help teach you how to let go of the past and live the life you deserve with practical suggestions. Take action TODAY and get your copy now and get the companion workbook!