Do you ever feel like nothing you set your mind to can be achieved? It’s certainly not very motivating to see your dreams and wishes evade you. But have you ever stopped to wonder why it happens?
Part of the reason you struggle with achieving your goals is maybe you fail to start with the right mindset. As you know, I am the “Mindset Lady” and I know that everything starts with our mindset. So while the tips I share in this article will help you, don’t forget to examine your mindset toward your goals.
Another thing to consider is, perhaps you’re having a challenge with how you go about setting goals. Sure you can identify something you want to achieve, but it’s not enough to just want it. Planning is also a vital step in the process.
Adopting an effective approach to goal setting is what really allows you to achieve whatever you want. Wanting something is the first step. Deciding on a feasible plan of action and then following it takes you all the way to the finish line.
Implement this action plan to become a successful goal setter:
- Determine your motive. When going through the process of setting goals, ask yourself why. Why is this particular goal important to you?
- Is the goal benefiting you? Or are you doing it to make somebody else happy? Take the time to determine what the goal really means to you.
- Your goals ought to make you Sure, it’s nice to make others happy. But spending your life always focusing on others prevents you from reaching your fullest potential.
- Is it possible to “adjust” the goal based on whether or not it’s well thought out to begin with? Some goals pop up on a whim. Those are the ones that usually need more thought!
- Set realistic timelines. Setting realistic timelines can mean the difference between achieving a goal and losing the opportunity. True, you may be filled with excitement now, but that excitement won’t last long if your steps to your goal are unachievable.
- Once your goal is realistic, it’s attainable. Be realistic with the time you set to achieve it.
- Break it up into smaller objectives. Those are easier to view as achievements. That way, you can plot your path and monitor it.
- Remember that you have the other parts of your life to concentrate on as well. Balance working toward your goal with everything else that’s important to you.
- Identify a support group. Goal setters need the support of close friends, family, and business associates. This support can keep you going when you start to doubt yourself.
- Apart from providing encouragement, a support group can bring new ideas. Collective minds produce successful ideas!
- Ask your supporters for advice about your goals and plan of action. Fill them in on your next idea so they can give you constructive criticism.
- When you reach your goal, remember to extend your gratitude. Let them know how much you appreciate their support. And return the favor whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- Reward yourself for small milestones. A great way to stay motivated is to reward yourself. As soon as you’ve hit one of those milestones, celebrate!
- Invite your support group members to celebrate with you. Or, you can celebrate on your own. Whichever way, highlight those mini goals.
- The journey ahead isn’t so intimidating when you recognize how far you’ve gotten.
- Avoid focusing on the long journey ahead of you for a long-term goal. Keep your attention on the small objectives so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
Always look at your goals in your own context and avoid comparing what you’ve achieved with anybody else’s achievements.
Above all, be kind to yourself! Acknowledge that you’ve already accomplished so much just by being a happy, driven individual. Having that inner peace is a goal that’s worth celebrating every day. Keep your head up and your heart passionate. Everything else will fall into place naturally!
Shift Your Mindset Change Your Life!
Get Your FREE copy of “Break Free of Negative Emotions” eBook and companion Workbook.
Painful situations are a part of life, but your perception of these situations makes all the difference. If you’re holding onto painful memories and feelings, these are very likely keeping you from leading a happy life.
Negative emotions such as fear and heartache can affect your body and mind, leading to dysfunctional relationships, depression, stress, and disease. So it’s important to not only be aware of your emotions, but also what you can do to release them.
This book will help teach you how to let go of the past and live the life you deserve with practical suggestions. Take action TODAY and get your copy now and get the companion workbook!