Yes it’s that time again; time to set your yearly goals. I sincerely hope you are planning some BIG, Bodacious goals for 2016. Forget about New Year’s Resolutions, they never work. Be honest with yourself and set real goals for your future.
I feel there is a massive shift coming this year, not only for me but for all my readers too. Take advantage of this opportunity to propel your life forward – but it all starts with goals.
How would you like to achieve those big goals? Achieving big goals is a science. We’re not talking about losing 10 pounds or cleaning out the attic by the end of the month. A big goal is losing 50 pounds or doubling your income.
The average person is effective at accomplishing smaller goals, but struggles with big goals. Big goals aren’t any more difficult. They just require more time.
Big goals require a different strategy:
1. It’s important to measure your progress. Big goals take time, and it’s easy to become discouraged. It’s common for most of the results to occur near the end of the process. Perseverance is critical. Measuring your progress provides motivation to keep going.
• Since big goals can take a lot of time, it’s important to know that you’re on the right track. Maintaining an awareness of your progress or lack of progress will allow you to change your approach as needed.
2. Big goals must be a priority. How many times have you set a goal, only to forget all about it in a week? Remind yourself of your goal each day. At the very least, read your goal once per day. Consider reading, writing, and visualizing it twice per day.
3. Mental garbage is the biggest obstacle. The thought of making a million dollars might sound great, but there’s also a part of you that feels like you accidentally ate a bug. A part of you clenches when you think about accomplishing much more than you’re accustomed to accomplishing. This discomfort is a sign from our subconscious that it’s not entirely on-board.
• There are many techniques to deal with this discomfort. You can pray or meditate. You can focus on a positive outcome. You can reframe the situation. Do whatever helps you to feel better.
• If you can’t visualize the achievement of your goal and feel 100% positive, it will be challenging to achieve.
4. Focus on your habits. Your ideal body is the result of your eating and exercise habits. Losing 50 pounds is the result of having the appropriate habits and being patient enough to enjoy the results. What habits do you need to implement to make achieving your goals automatic?
• Avoid the belief that huge success is the result of a single, spectacular action. Small changes in behavior and focus can provide the same, impressive results over time.
5. Be patient. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so it’s not fair to expect something amazing to happen in a week. Set a reasonable timetable and relax. Big goals are marathons, not sprints. Read biographies of those that accomplished impressive things. The time and patience spent by our heroes are impressive.
• Practice patience by learning to be patient in everyday situations. We all have plenty of opportunities. Waiting in line, sitting in traffic, or waiting at the doctor’s office are just a few examples. Just relax and breathe.
6. Only choose goals that are highly meaningful. A goal is much easier to achieve if you passionately want to achieve it. Some people bite off more than their motivation can chew. A big goal requires commitment, sacrifice, and time. Avoid goals that aren’t worth the cost. You’ll only be wasting your time.
Big goals are exciting and life changing, but big goals are often avoided because of the likelihood of failure. There is a process to making significant changes in your life. Be clear on your objective and create habits that bring you closer to that objective each day. Measure your results to stay motivated and ensure that you’re making progress. Reach your first big goal!
Don’t forget to leave me a comment and let me know if any of these tips helped you reach your BIG, Bodacious goal.
Shift Your Mindset Change Your Life!
Get Your FREE copy of “Break Free of Negative Emotions” eBook and companion Workbook.
Painful situations are a part of life, but your perception of these situations makes all the difference. If you’re holding onto painful memories and feelings, these are very likely keeping you from leading a happy life.
Negative emotions such as fear and heartache can affect your body and mind, leading to dysfunctional relationships, depression, stress, and disease. So it’s important to not only be aware of your emotions, but also what you can do to release them.
This book will help teach you how to let go of the past and live the life you deserve with practical suggestions. Take action TODAY and get your copy now and get the companion workbook!