As a Mindset & Success Mentor to women in Direct Sales, I have worked with some amazing women as they build and grow their business. These women are very committed, hard-working, and focused…but I’ve notice something that has been hindering people from reaching their desired success.
The problem I’m seeing is so many people do not believe in themselves and they don’t know how or where to start the process of shifting their mindset. Your mindset will determine your level of success, or lack thereof. A positive mindset can empower you to abolish hurdles before they become too challenging.
It may be difficult to believe in yourself when everything around you seems to be crumbling into pieces, but keeping faith is the only way to trudge through the hard times and see yourself clear to better days.
Try these strategies to help you remain steadfast when you’re feeling the pressure of tough times:
1. Reflect on the past. Surely you’ve encountered seemingly insurmountable situations in the past. How have you succeeded in the most unpleasant scenarios? Clearly, your ability to overcome these situations speaks loudly for your strength and abilities.
- In some situations, you may be able to emulate your past solutions by adapting them to fit your current situation. Other times, you’ll be able to learn what not to do from past trials and tribulations.
- The past needn’t dictate your future. It’s possible to reflect without working up old, unresolved feelings. This is a positive exercise. If you begin to feel negative emotions, move onto another technique, which can help you increase self-confidence in your abilities.
2. Act immediately. Rather than retreating into your personal cocoon when a situation becomes intimidating, address it immediately. The longer you allow a situation to sit without attention, the more urgent it will become. A perfect example is debt.
- Avoid cornering yourself with urgency by creating a proactive plan now. Or, better yet, have a just-in-case plan before the event ever happens. It’s okay to take a few hours to create a plan of attack. But, if you’re still brainstorming weeks from today, you may be stalling.
- Only you can be the source of a solution. You are in charge of managing your life and ensuring its success. Take pride in this power. After all, you’re free – no one commands you! Your life is what you make it. And you can use your power to start off on the right foot each and every day.
3. Believe it. You will make it through. You’ve found your way out of a tough situation before. You’ll do it now and again sometime in the future. There is always a way to get your head above the water – always. You’ll get better at it once you gain experience.
- You have a fan base of supporters. Your children, spouse, and extended family are cheering you on every day. Chances are that no one doubts your abilities the way you do. In fact, they have faith in your abilities because you’ve proven your strength time and time again.
- As Bernice Johnson Reagon once said, “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”
- Now is as good of a time as any to show yourself what you’re made of. Confirm to yourself that you’re as strong and tenacious as you suspect yourself to be.
Everyone encounters hard times – it’s simply a part of life. And a very major part of how you will address these hard times is dependent on your mindset and your ability to believe in yourself, even throughout the toughest of times.
Your mindset can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If you allow your mindset to shift into negative territory, you’ll end up with negative results. Remember, you attract the energy you exude!
Until next time!
Are you a woman struggling to grow your Direct Sales business? Are you tired of trying to figure out how to take your Direct Sales business to the next level? If this resonates with you, grab your FREE copy of my eBook, Explode Your Direct Sales Business In 6 Easy Steps.
If you want to learn how to truly believe in yourself so you can create the fun, exciting, profitable, and enjoyable business you desire be sure to check out my MindSet for Success 6-Month Mindset Development Mentoring program. This program will help you develop a mindset for success that will result in the massive growth of your Direct Sales business. You will also learn how to get super clear on your vision for your business, how to eliminate the negative self-talk that’s holding you back, how to put your genius and talents to work in your Direct Sales business, and so much more.
Apply for your scholarship TODAY! When you apply you will be scheduled for a 20-minute 1:1 conversation with me so we can get clear on what you need most to elevate your Direct Sales business to the next level. Click the button below to APPLY NOW!