When was the last time you said thank you for being alive? Sounds silly, doesn’t it? Well, if you barely have time to appreciate what you have, how can you ever desire anything more?
Last week we learned of the young actor, Windell Middlebrooks, who passed at the tender age of 36. You may remember him from the Miller High Life beer commercials as the delivery guy. Life is short and being thankful for the life you have is a must.
We all have something to be thankful for, even those who live a modest lifestyle by choice or by circumstance.
- Focusing on material possessions, rather than on the very fact that we’re living and breathing, tend to make us forgetful of the greater gifts, such as our families and our health.
Life is a miracle and can be taken away in a moment’s notice. Regardless of your spiritual beliefs, there are many ways you can show your appreciation for your life. I enjoy working with business women and helping them realize that there’s more to life than making money. I know as a business owner our income is right up at the top of the list but we must learn to balance our lives and take time to be thankful for life in and of itself. In my Mindset for Success program I teach women how to manage their thoughts and be thankful for everything.
5 Ways to Express Your Gratitude
Sometimes showing your gratitude can be as simple as saying “thanks,” but other times you can show gratitude by helping others, or “paying it forward.” After all, you’ll never know how a simple, kind gesture will affect someone’s day.
Here are some ideas to help you appreciate life while also helping others:
- Reach out to your extended family and friends. Send them cards just to say “Hi,” call or email them, or even throw a party to reconnect and show these people they’re important to you.
- Reflect about your childhood and ancestors. Write a poem, essay, or short story about your life. What sacrifices did your parents make for you? What struggles did the family endure? How is your life better or easier than that of your great-grandparents? How did these events make you the person you are today?
- Meditate, pray, or go to your place of worship. Find a quiet place to think about all that’s good – your health, family, or home – and simply say “thank you” to your Creator.
- Reconnect with your spouse and children. Actions speak louder than words so turn off that television and spend some quality time with your family just to have some fun! Whether it’s a surprise getaway or a family game night, renewing your relationships with your family will strengthen your bond and bring you closer together.
- Keep a gratitude journal. Write down all the things you’re grateful for in your life and reflect on all that is good. Even the simplest things – such as finding a parking space at the mall or locating your missing keys – are times to be grateful!
When You Need a Wake Up Call
Sometimes it’s all too easy to engage in these activities and give thanks for a good life, yet over time, we somehow fall back into our old habits. In these times, we need a jolt to remind ourselves of all that is good.
- Spend a few hours a week volunteering at a hospital, nursing home, or soup kitchen. Take a good look at the people you’re helping, listen to their stories, and be grateful that you’re fortunate enough to help those in need.
Giving IS Receiving
When you give of yourself – either with a smile or another kind gesture – you receive the warm satisfaction of helping to make a difference in the world, one person at a time. Your uplifting attitude will be contagious and you just might be the recipient of a random act of kindness!
Until next time!
Are you a woman struggling to grow your Direct Sales business? Are you tired of trying to figure out how to take your Direct Sales business to the next level? If this resonates with you, grab your FREE copy of my eBook, Explode Your Direct Sales Business In 6 Easy Steps.
If you want to learn more about managing your thoughts and being thankful, be sure to check out my MindSet for Success 6-Month Mindset Development Mentoring program. Not only will you learn how to use the Law of Attraction to explode your Direct Sales business, you will learn how to get super clear on your vision for your business, how to eliminate the negative self-talk that’s holding you back, how to put your genius and talents to work in your Direct Sales business, and so much more.
Apply for your scholarship TODAY! When you apply you will be scheduled for a 20-minute 1:1 conversation with me so we can get clear on what you need most to elevate your Direct Sales business to the next level. Click the button below to APPLY NOW!