Life can be exhilarating and challenging and sometimes both at the same time. There are so many things I wish I had learned earlier in life. However, I now understand that all things happen for a reason and in perfect timing and order.
Have you ever imagined how much different your life would be if you could start over again? Would you have chosen a different career and/or put your time and energy into different things? There are many life lessons you can learn right now.
A lot of these life lessons I remember from my dear great-grandmother when she use to sit on the front porch reading the Bible and teaching me and my first cousin. Those moments were priceless. Thank God I had her in my life.
So, here I am to pass along a few of those life lessons to you. You could live the remainder of your life feeling passionate, joyous, and fulfilled!
Consider how these lessons might apply to your life:
- It’s impossible to please everyone. Even if you’re the kindest, smartest, funniest person to ever walk the Earth, someone out there won’t like you. There’s no way to make everyone happy. So, do what you can to please others while making yourself happy.
- No one else cares. Sure, your friends and family care to a point. But everyone else is usually too preoccupied with their own life to worry about your successes and failures.
- Nobody is watching. Feel free to make mistakes and be silly.
- The older you become, the more important your health will be to you. Health is only important to us when it’s failing. After you develop a few aches and pains that never go away, you start to realize that your body will eventually fail you.
- Get a head start and begin taking care of yourself today.
- There are only so many tomorrows. We put off everything until tomorrow, Monday, or next year. Time is passing by. You don’t know how many more tomorrows you’ll enjoy. Get busy making the most of them.
- Apologize quickly. Life is too short for petty disagreements and grudges. Be the bigger person and apologize.
- You can change. You can change your weight, income, social life, career, and just about anything else you please. Your limitations only exist in your mind.
- Television will steal your life. Television is a big, sucking, black hole. If the best thing you can find to do with your time is watch television, you might consider working on your life. No one ever improved their existence via the power of TV. It’s a highly effective way to distract yourself, but it solves nothing.
- You’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the things you did. When you look back on your foolish choices, you’ll laugh. When you look back on the things you didn’t do, you’ll feel a sting that never goes away. If you’re not risking your life, take your best shot.
- Money is great for solving certain challenges, but it’s not a cure for everything. Some people say that money solves nothing. Love is all that matters. But love won’t pay the mortgage, feed your family, or repair a flat tire. Money is a necessary part of life, but it doesn’t solve all your problems. Money and love are necessary, just not for the same things.
- Your level of success will matter less at the end of your life. Up until middle age, we put too much emphasis on our careers. It’s only later in life that we realize there were other things more worthy of our time. Have you ever heard a dying man lament that he didn’t spend more time working? You never will.
Consider these lessons to be the message your older self might tell you today. You can take advantage of the wisdom you haven’t experienced yet. People at the end of their lives repeat these life lessons consistently. Maybe that’s why my great-grandmother’s lessons were given to me during her later years. You’ll likely feel the same way in the future. Why not live now like the wise person you’ll someday become?
Shift Your Mindset Change Your Life!
Get Your FREE copy of “Break Free of Negative Emotions” eBook and companion Workbook.
Painful situations are a part of life, but your perception of these situations makes all the difference. If you’re holding onto painful memories and feelings, these are very likely keeping you from leading a happy life.
Negative emotions such as fear and heartache can affect your body and mind, leading to dysfunctional relationships, depression, stress, and disease. So it’s important to not only be aware of your emotions, but also what you can do to release them.
This book will help teach you how to let go of the past and live the life you deserve with practical suggestions. Take action TODAY and get your copy now and get the companion workbook!